Buyers Premium: A buyers premium is payable at 15% + VAT on the hammer price.
We can pack and post most items for you using Royal Mail, with a minimum packing charge of £5 for small items. But we cannot quote for this before a sale.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The highest bidder to be the purchaser and if any dispute arises between the bidders such dispute shall be settled by the Auctioneer, or the lot offered again and resold.
2. The bidding to be regulated at the discretion of the Auctioneer who reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and, in the case of lots upon which there is a reserve, the Auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the seller.
3. Each lot will immediately on the fall of the hammer be and remain in every respect at the risk of the purchaser.
4a. Each lot is sold by the vendor thereof with all faults and defects and with all errors of description. No refund will be given.
4b. THE AUCTION HOUSE act as agents only and neither they nor the seller are responsible for any faults or defects in any lot or the correctness of any statement as to the authorship, or condition of any lot.
4c. All statements in the catalogues, advertisements or brochures of forthcoming sales as to any of the matters specified in (b) above are statements of opinion and are not to be relied upon as statements of representation of fact. The intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all of the matters specified in (b) above as to the physical description of any lot and as to whether any lot has been repaired.
4d. The seller and the AUCTION HOUSE do not make or give, nor has any person in the employ of the AUCTION HOUSE any authority to make or give any representation or warranty.
4e. In the event neither the vendor nor the AUCTION HOUSE are responsible for any representation, or warranty, or for any statement in the catalogues, advertisements or brochures of forthcoming sales.
5. The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw, consolidate or alter the order or any lots at their discretion.
6. The Auctioneer reserves the right of absolute discretion in all disputes between bidders.
7. New Purchasers to give their names and addresses, trade references and/or bank details.
8. All lots purchased by any one person will be deemed and taken as being in one contract.
9. Any person purchasing and failing to comply with the conditions, the money deposited in part payment shall be forfeited to the Vendor. All lots uncleared, may, either with or without notice, be re-sold by Auction or Private Contract, at the opinion of the Auctioneer, and all loss or expense shall be made good by the defaulter at this present sale.
10. Any damage caused to the premises by the removal of goods shall be paid for by the purchaser.
11. All lots to be paid and removed within 5 working days
12. Prior notice of payment by cheque (if over the usual cheque cards limit) to be given to the Auctioneers for verification.
ALL CATALOGUES ARE FOR REFERENCE ONLY.
It is the Purchasers obligation to certify the authenticity and condition of any item in the sale
All images on the website and those sent by email with condition reports are the property of The Auction House of Bridport and not to be reproduced without prior permission of the aforesaid company. Any infringement of these terms will be deemed a breach of the law regarding Intellectual Property and the offender is liable to a fine up to £5,000.00 per image.